ROSELYN HOUSE SCHOOL AND THE RHISE
STRESS IN THE WORKPLACE
We are committed to protecting the health, safety and welfare
of our employees. We recognise that workplace stress is a health and safety issue and acknowledge the importance of identifying and reducing workplace stressors.
This policy will apply to everyone in the company. The Senior
Leadership Team are responsible for implementation and KS Education Limited is responsible for providing the necessary resources.
The Health & Safety Executive define stress as “the adverse
reaction people have to excessive pressure or other types of demand placed on them”. This makes an important distinction between pressure, which can be a positive state if managed correctly, and
stress can be detrimental to health.
- KS Education Limited will identify all workplace stressors and
conduct risk assessments to eliminate stress or control the risks from stress. These risk assessments will be regularly reviewed.
- KS Education Limited will provide training for all members of
the Senior Leadership Team in good management practices.
- KS Education Limited will provide adequate resources to enable
managers to implement the Company’s agreed stress management strategy.
Senior Leadership Team
- Conduct and implement recommendations of risk assessments
within their jurisdiction.
- Ensure good communication between management and staff,
particularly where there are organisational and procedural changes.
- Ensure staff are fully trained to discharge their
- Ensure staff are provided with meaningful developmental
- Monitor workloads to ensure that people are not
- Monitor working hours and overtime to ensure that staff are
- Attend training as requested in good management practice and
health and safety.
- Ensure that bullying and harassment is not
- Be vigilant and offer additional support to a member of staff
who is experiencing stress outside work (e.g. bereavement or separation).
- Give guidance to managers on the stress
- Help monitor the effectiveness of measures to address stress
by collating sickness absence statistics.
- Advise managers and individuals on training
- Provide continuing support to managers and individuals in a
- Wellbeing Programme
- Raise issues of concern with your Health and Safety
Representative or a member of the SLT.
Health & Safety
- Safety Representatives must be meaningfully consulted on any
changes to work practices that could precipitate stress.
- Safety Representatives must be able to consult with members on
the issue of stress including conducting any workplace surveys.
- Safety Representatives must be meaningfully involved in the
risk assessment process.
- Safety Representatives should be allowed access to collective
and anonymous data from HR.
- Safety Representatives should be provided with paid time away
from normal duties to complete any training.
- Safety Representatives should conduct joint inspections of the
workplace at least every termly to ensure that environmental stressors are properly controlled.
- The Safety Committee will perform a pivotal role in ensuring
that this policy is implemented.
- The Safety Committee will oversee monitoring of the efficacy
of the policy and other measures to reduce stress and promote workplace health and safety.