Welcome to our Website
Roselyn House School develops a specific individual and personalised education for girls and boys, 10-19 with statements for Emotional, Behavioural, Social and Specific Learning difficulties.
Roselyn House School is a unique, independent, co-educational EBSD Special Needs Day School for statemented students aged 10-19. We are owned by KS Education Limited, the Directors of which are the Head and the Deputy of the School. We are located in Leyland just next to Junction 28 of the M6.
We are providers of specialised individual and personalised, education for Young People with a range of Social, Emotional, Behavioural and Specific Learning Difficulties. We cater for a range of students and have proven success with extremely vulnerable students who may have more complex and psychological difficulties.
We offer a fully accredited, diverse curriculum balanced with social, emotional and therapeutic aspects to learning. Our quality assured and unique KS3 and KS4 programmes promote our students academic and social development allowing each individual to reach his/her potential and maximises their chances of achieving independence and living fulfilling lives as positive contributors to society.
Moving forwards together to a positive future
Roselyn House School's strengths:
- To respond to individual needs through a nurturing and therapeutic environment.
- To provide a positive, supportive experience for our students.
- To develop learning programmes which are relevant to our young people within a National Curriculum Framework.
- To develop independence in our young people.
- To foster coping strategies, especially in readiness for post 16.
- To support students with an empathetic and experienced staff group.
- To provide vocational and community experiences for our young people.
- To be forward thinking and creative.
- To be a child centred provision.
- To make a young person's learning experience fun.
- To provide opportunities for young people to realise their talent and to succeed.
- To encourage young people to work together and respect other people's skills.
- To offer equal opportunities to all.
- To offer vocational college accredited courses.
- To provide accreditation including: GCSE, Entry Level, Level 1/2, Unit Award Scheme, Youth Achievement and Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme, BTEC and NVQs.
Subjects taught at Roselyn House School follow National Curriculum subjects at Key Stage 3 and 4 and are differentiated to optimise individual need. Accreditation is available in GCSE, BTEC, Entry Level and Level 1 & 2. Students are encouraged to participate in optional accredited courses at Key Stage 4, including College Courses, The Duke of Edinburgh Scheme and Work Experience Programmes.
Students are able to participate in a variety of therapeutic activities. There are a range of areas offered which develop the young person's Social and Emotional development and he or she can select topics/activities/skills they may want to do.
Individual Learning Support/SEN
Each student has an Individual Learning Support Plan which provides him or her with intervention withdrawal in areas such as Literacy, Numeracy, Communication, Speech and Language, Anger Management, Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning/Emotional Literacy.
At Roselyn House School we endeavour to provide an enriching, fun and memorable experience for our students. Take a look at some of their achievements.